Monday, November 15, 2010

I Heart Old People. :]

So every Monday from 3-4 I go to adoration with Sara. It's pretty stinkin' fantastic. It's usually just us two, but recently other people have been in there chillin' with Jesus with us, too. Which leads me to my point... Today there was this cute old lady who was sitting right in front of me. I've seen her before because she's usually leaving when I'm coming in, but today we were there at the same time. I noticed that she was reading from a little prayer book that was all worn and beat up... And I was just thinking, "How long has she had that thing??" Which got me thinking about how awesome older people are that they have stayed strong in their faith for so long and that God is such an important part of their lives. It was pretty awesome... So Sara left and it was just this lady and me. A few minutes later I got up to leave and she just turned around and gave me probably the biggest smile I've everrrrr seen and she said "Have a good day, God bless you." It was one of those things that just made me want to go over and give her a big hug. Maybe next Monday. :]

Oh how I love old people... :]

No comments:

Post a Comment