Wednesday, December 15, 2010

When life gives you an amazing youth minister...

It's just like the old saying, "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade." But in this case, it's "When life gives you an amazing youth minister, spend two hours in her office analyzing your life." One-on-ones with Sara are one of my favorite things ever. We could seriously spend a whole day just talking in her office... But when you have to be home by 6-ish to eat dinner with your fam, we find a way to squeeze it into a two hour time frame. We can actually cover quite a bit of ground in that time. You never know what's gonna come up in our conversations... Anything from the art of the "shaky face" pictures, to topics to discuss at FLOCK, to how we found out Santa's not real (sad day...), to The Hangover and Elf, to Prayer and Action, and to some actually deep stuff like relationships, prayer, adoration, camp, and who knows what else. But that's exactly what I love about me and Sara's relationship -- one second we're being goofy and joking around, but five seconds later she's giving me advice about anything and everything: telling me stories about her own experiences, helping me edit a speech, guiding me through the little things that come up in life, and basically coaching me through everything. Sara, I want you to know that I really appreciate all you've done for me and just always being there as someone to talk to about whatever life throws at me. I legimately don't think that I would be who I am today if I hadn't met you back at GET REAL in 5th grade and gotten to know you and build up our friendship. So thanks. A ton. God really blessed all of us FLOCKers with two ridiculously awesome youth ministers, and we all really look up to you guys. Keep rockin' it and being yourselves. We <3 you.

(Bringing back some Prayer and Action memories) ... For random, deep, long, epic conversations at St. Michael's... GOD IS GREAT. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment