Monday, January 2, 2012

Marriage. WOAH BABY.

The past few weeks, I had the pleasure of helping set up a bunch of stuff for a wedding. No, not just any wedding... Sara and Michael Sheerin's wedding (aka, basically the coolest people I know). So the suspense was building... We were making place cards for the reception, decorating centerpieces for the tables, tying bows on the worship aids, and other fun stuff. I started getting caught up in the craziness, but then I took and step back and I was like, "Holy crap and a half. They're getting MARRIED."

Marriage is pretty much the coolest thing of all time. When you say "I do," you commit yourself to that other person FOREVER. Forever is a reallllllllly long time. You promise to always be there for that person through all the highs and lows, and to love them no matter what. Unconditional love. That's where it's at.

Oh, speaking of unconditional love. Coolest thing I've ever seen... A couple girls and I got to the wedding early to pass out worship aids and we were going to talk to Michael, but he was like, "Hold on, I'm going to confession really quick!" Um.... WOW. Getting his soul all clean for his beautiful bride. That's a man right there. And that's unconditional love.

Later, at the reception, there was an old couple who had been married for 48 years. Dang. And they were giving advice to Sara and Michael... The man said, "My advice is: She's always number one, and I'm number two." Then the woman followed by saying, "My advice is: He's always number one, and I'm number two." Sacrificial, unconditional love yet again.

So congratulations to Sara and Michael. I love you both, and I know you guys are going to do amazing things for this world... And you already have. I'll be praying for you guys.

For the beautiful sacrament of marriage, for Sara and Michael, and for unconditional love... GOD IS GREAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment